Saturday 4 May 2013

Focus on Colour

I have a habit of using so many colours because it's what is all around me, it's what I wear. I rarely match shades and I often do this in my work too. Colour is an instinctive thing for me and to be honest I am always drawn to using pink somewhere within my work because it is my distinctive style. I genuinely think using it makes me more productive.

For this project I started off free with my colour and eventually narrowed it down to what I wanted, my little pony, stereotypical mermaid pastels combined with more grown up textures.

I have identified the 7 colours I think could be key in this project and sourced polyester threads to match.  I then experimented with combinations of colour and proportions to reflect different moods. This was partially beneficial but as I said earlier colour is an intinctive thing for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment