Saturday 4 May 2013

Development of drawing into print samples

I've been developing some more digital prints from my drawings. My emphasis has been less on the literal imagery and more on the way the colours and textures merge to create a suitable background fabric for my embellishments.

The circles are too flat- not enough texture to make up for the lack of colour. Too white. Could possibly use this as an experimental fabric but don't want to take this pattern any further. I also don't like the one off designs for use as my backing fabric, however could be good as a complimentary shirt fabric.

 
 
 
I lightened the designs on photoshop to create pastel colours and 'baby neons' as I've been calling them however some of the designs below have come out looking a bit dirty/ dark or dusky. These will be good as small Suffolk puff embellishments or cording etc.


























This section of the print is more interesting than the print as a whole because this part has more depth. I've decided to focus more on the embellishments so I won't be taking this print any further but if I did in future I would look at developing this section.




The colours turned out very accurately in this piece which I developed from my initial drawing.


My favourite designs are the ones below. This one is developed from a drawings I did at the Sea-life centre (below) which I then put into repeat on photoshop. I think the layering on this print gives it depth and there is a good level of colour. I also think the polka dot adds to the decorative feel of the piece as well as reflecting the patterning of fish scales.





No comments:

Post a Comment