Wednesday 1 May 2013

Fabrics

I am definitely inspired by a fabric that already has a texture or print, this along with being environmentally conscious is the thing that drives me to up-cycle.

I have struggled to spend the money sourcing second hand fabrics for this project. Instead I have been combining the use of old polyester shirts I had previously collected with other polyester I have left over from previous projects (polyester glazier).

I have found that certain polyester can ladder easily which disrupts the sublimation printed surface. In order to avoid this I have found using thicker fabric helps.

I have also used scraps of netting from
curtains, vintage velvets and crocheted cottons sourced from charity shops. The texture of all of these types of fabrics creates a beautiful tactile combination..

No comments:

Post a Comment