Thursday 7 March 2013

Starting Anew: Unit BA6

Started thinking about my new project today. It's a self written brief so my head is whirling with ideas!

Current thoughts are to focus on 3- Dimensional textile samples and finished products. So far all my project samples have had to be flat and mounted on boards so now is the time to try something different.

In my own time I have been upcycling old polyester shirts and skirts, this is something I want to translate into my new project.  Thinking of upcycling accessories or found materials into accessories or garments.

This leads on well from my Bradford entry that I'm now finishing, made from rubber latex and PVC bath mats...



My work experience placement will be at The King's Lynn Arts Centre helping to create favours for their Surrealist Dinner Party.  They mentioned giving me a budget for each favour and creating unexpected things to wear from Charity shop finds.  This would also tie in perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment