Tuesday 12 March 2013

Self Written brief and My Bradford Entry

After the briefing with Jill regarding writing and working to our own brief, I had lots of things to ask myself:

What do I enjoy doing?

I really enjoy my drawing, in particular drawing animals and creating characters from them. Most aspects of printing and embellishment interest me. Creating a product as opposed to just a flat sample is more inspiring for me, possibly because I design with a very specific context in mind. Re-using materials is a passion of mine. I often find them more inspiring because they seem to have a story to tell, plain white fabrics scare me into no action.

What do I want to improve on?

Primarily my organisational skills which with this brief and weekly plan, should improve. In terms of practical work I would like to improve my skills within embellishment, in particular within hand and machine embroidery. It would be interesting to experiment and improve on my sculptural textiles, leading on from my Bradford entry (see below). I also want to increase and refine my skills in Photoshop and digital print. Money is a limitation this term so I want to make use of the new improved sublimation printer, which lends itself well to second hand fabrics (many of which are polyester).

No comments:

Post a Comment