Friday 15 March 2013

Drawing Day

Been working on my initial drawings today. Loving the Kurecolour pens because they leak through to the bottom side of the paper and make that more interesting to work on than the top (blue fish). They also blend well either each other as in the shell drawings to produce interesting colour effects.

I also like the metallic inks I've been working with and the sequins, makes the work more exciting for me if its shiny!!

I don't like my drawing of the coral below, the inks look too blotchy and thick, I think I want to try using fine pens or a completely different media such as paper collage.

Using bleach to remove colour helps to capture the light you see in aquariums and reflections. I want to take this forward and explore further.















No comments:

Post a Comment