Friday 19 April 2013

Tutorial: How I want to develop

I've decided to continue developing the embroidery aspect of my work. This is the bit that is most inspiring and enjoyable for me at the minute and I want to improve my skills. Over the next week I want to refine my drawings by looking at certain aspects that work well such as materials, ways of application etc and move them into a more detailed drawing. I think it's also important to keep looking at details of Seal-life such as fish scales and patternation - relating this into my 3D embellishments and embroidery,

I need to develop my embroidery skills perhaps by concentrating on three things that may lend themselves well to my Sea-life theme. Such as Suffolk puffs, stump work etc.

My colour scheme also needs refining. I will do this by exploring balances in colour composition and how this effects the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment