Monday 15 April 2013

Print Development

I started developing my printed fabric into something more textured relating to my drawings. I started by embroidering circles with a freestyle foot using a short zigzag stitch. I used various polyester and silk threads to tie in with the background print.

I also experimented by adding in other pieces of textured fabrics that I had previously dyed with dysperse dye. These fabrics included vintage velvet from the 80's (sourced from my loft!), poly-satin with an ingrained flower print (charity shop fabric bin) and vintage lace and curtain netting also sourced from charity shops. These were all sourced for their interesting textures.

I then used a soldering iron to burn various areas of my polyester base fabric away creating a lace like cut out feel. Afterwards I decided to add clusters of pearl beading and sequins.










No comments:

Post a Comment