Monday 15 April 2013

Further Development

I decided that this piece needed some kind of 3D aspect to it, almost like some kind of fish or coral cluster. To do this I cut some of the remainder of my fabric into squares and repeated the embroidery and sequin process. I then tacked around in a circle with a knot in the thread and then pulled the thread to make a puff, stuffing as I went.

Once I had the three forms I then hand sewed them to the other piece and each other.

I am so pleased with the result, it is an encrustation of colours and textures. I would like to experiment further with forms like this and develop into collars an headpieces so that they can be stand alone rather than just embellishment pieces. I would also like to include the liquid latex I have been experimenting with in some way.

I am now going to focus my colour more using one of my favourite drawings to pick threads in that colour. I will also develop prints and hand paint utilising this colour scheme.






No comments:

Post a Comment