Thursday 24 October 2013

Tutorial

Found my tutorial with Louise Richardson really helpful today. She pointed out that my drawings tend to be one offs and to roll with this creating detailed drawings. Do what I enjoy. Don't get het up on context, keep it in mind but don't let these thoughts take over.

She said that my drawings look like they need to be quilted which I felt would be a good way of bringing the 3D element my work is calling out for.

I took the advice away and whilst I was waiting for my drawings to be digitally printed in order to quilt, I experimented with painting fabric with ink and then bleach and padding and embellishing this.

The result is this little bird. I am pleased with it for a first attempt but I need to buy some quilting needles for the sewing machine in order for the stitching to stay neat. I don't like the button for an eye either. I feel that the eye would look better as a curved straight stitch.

I also like the faded pastel colours that have been given an antique feel, using pastel colours and bleach to ring out the colour.





No comments:

Post a Comment